Why we partnered with Sezzle
We want you to have more flexibility on our website, and we’ve received requests for a buy now, pay later platform.
What buy now, pay later comes down to is: can you realistically afford this expense within the given time frame? If so, then it's a nice option to have.
How Sezzle works: Instead of paying the final total in one go, you pay 25% upfront, and then every two weeks for six weeks. Funds are automatically charged in this timeline, so you don’t miss a payment. Just make sure your account is ready for the withdrawal!
We tried it for ourselves to make sure we weren’t adding to your (and our) stress. It’s basically going to redirect you to their site when making a purchase, ask for your credit card number and date of birth, and ask you to verify your account with a code sent to your phone. Then you are re-directed back to shopfaulkner.ca and your purchase is confirmed. All done.
How we found this app different from some other buy now, pay later apps:
- Quick approval (no delays to shopping)
- Some apps run a complete credit check before you can use them. This one runs a soft credit check, therefore having no impact on your credit score. As long as you pay everything on time, your credit score will not be negatively affected.
- Available for customers in both Canada the US
- If you are actively trying to improve your credit score, you can upgrade to a SezzleUp account and your purchases will purposefully impact your score.
- Sezzle is a certified B corporation with a commitment to carbon neutrality, planting a tree for each new user, and maintaining a scholarship fund.
- To be at least 18 years old
- A US or Canadian phone with text messaging
- An email address
- A bank account, debit card, or credit card